ME221 Zetec Plug’n’Play
Engine Management System
We are very pleased to now be offering ME221 Wire-In ECU with direct fit ‘Plug and Play’ looms for the Ford Zetec & ST170 engines. As the core of our PnP EMS range, the ME221 has taken the UK by storm, particularly in the MX5 market - and after 24 months of real world usage by real world customers, we are pleased to offer the system in a new, universal form factor, suited for accurate, reliable, and fully-sequential control of four-cylinder petrol injection engines.
This version includes a professionally made ‘click and go’ loom for the Ford Zetec Silvertop/Blacktop and ST170 engines. We even supply with the ECU dyno developed maps for both the OEM inlet and also throttle bodies and turbo applications.
If you want to get your Zetec up and running on fuel injection, be that using the OEM inlet, a set of motorbike throttle bodies/Jenveys, or even if you’re turbocharging it, the ME221 will deliver the precise fuel and ignition control you need, utilising all of the factory sensors and outputs. (Of course you can customise your injectors and sensors to suit, and just recalibrate the ECU!)
Indeed our base-maps don’t suit all setups - and in that case, get stuck in with the free MEITE tuning software and carry out tuning the fuel VE table & ignition advance, or setting up advanced features such as launch control, anti-lag, switchable maps, closed loop boost control, idle control or even full closed loop VVT control on engines such as the ST170 (this alone can add 40lb/ft as opposed to having to ‘lock’ the cam as you would with ECUs that don’t support VVT). For a quick look over the MEITE, watch the Youtube video here - yes it features our MX5 PnP version of the ME221, but the tuning software is the same, and constantly being added to via free firmware updates.
A 'quick start' user manual is here.
What’s in the box?
This package includes:
- ME221 Wire-In Engine Management System
- RS232 Serial Communications Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Fully Terminated Zetec Loom with connectors in place for:
- Injectors x4 (Fully Sequential)
- OEM Ford Crank & Cam Sensors
- Ford Coil Pack ‘Oval’ connector
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor & Coolant Sensor (Mini Timer Type)
- Manifold Pressure Sensor
- Flying lead for throttle position sensor
- Flying leads for spare outputs & inputs
- Power and Ground connections
You can download the latest software and manuals from our website.
The ME221 is manufactured & designed in the UK, with UK support.
- 2x IGBT Coil Drivers for Direct Coil Drive
- 4x High Impedance Injector Drivers (Can be used to drive two injectors each, or as spare Low Side Drivers)
- 3x Spare 10A Low Side Drivers (User Assignable features, ie Fuel Pump, VVT, Boost Solenoid etc)
- 1x 12V Tachometer Output
- 2x VR/OPTO/HALL Crank and Cam Signal Inputs
- 1x Knock Sensor Input
- 7x Analogue Sensor Inputs (Can be used as digital inputs)