The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the ultimate plug-n-play Engine Management System for the Mk1 (2 Plug NA) Mazda MX-5, years 1989-1995 1.6/1.8
Every major and respected MX-5 Tuner in the UK now uses and recommends the ME221 Engine Management System over other systems
Skuzzle Motorsport - review from MX5Nutz
"I have just spent the last few weeks playing with the fairly recently released Motorsport Electronics ME221 pnp ecu and finally after years of supplying, fitting, mapping MegaSquirt of all shapes and sizes, I am proud to announce that from this day on, my ECU of choice for most MX5 applications is now the ME221."
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (Freescale Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports all factory sensors.
- Truly Plug-n-Play : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
- 16x16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- in-built 21psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost Control
- Launch Control
- Map switching
- Fully Sequential on 1.8 version (can be wired in or 1.6)
- In the field regular FW updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed base maps for either turbo or NA setups.
- ME221 PnP Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
- USB Dongle with a selection of OEM and Turbo basemaps (both 1.6 and 1.8), tuning software and manuals.
If you wish to run forced induction without a MAF sensor, then you will need to install an Intake Air Temperature Sensor - available in the options list.
For ECU controlled closed loop boost control please add the boost solenoid from the options list.
Proven Compatible with the following OEM ECU Codes (and others with the 2 -plug ECU):